Tablet coating problem

In tablet coating, what to do if tablet gain more or less weight?

In exceptional cases when tablets gain is more than specifications after film coating then tablets need to be crushed, remove the film mechanically through sifting of crushed mass and recompress the tables (core tablets). After QC testing recoat the tablets to get desired wait gain as per specification.
In case of less wait gain than expected after film coating of tablets then additional coating can be done to get desired wait gain ensuring that dissolution and disintegration parameters do not affect.

2 Likes

thank u sir.
we face a common problem in tablet coating is dropping ( because of loadshedding). Can you give us suggestion or tips what to do if dropping occurs?

1 Like

Please explain further what is “dropping”. If this is due to load shading then you must have power generator to have continuous uninterrupted electricity supply.

dropping means too much solution dropped into small amout of tablet so spot is shown onto those tablet. Is there any solution except “continuous uninterrupted electricity supply”?

Other reasons might be coating solution viscosity and spraying spped. You can standardise these parameters during process validation of coating.

1 Like

thank u sir.
what percentage of coating machine should be used and why is that? fog eg, my machine capacity is 150 kg, should I use 150 kg tablet for coating?

1 Like

Generally 75 % of total capacity of any equipment should be used for processing the products.

2 Likes

Now sir can you tell me how to check spray gun rate and the procedure of spray gun validation?

You can check spray guns rate by spraying fixed volume of coating solution (in ml) and measure the time required to consume that solution. Total volume of coating solution divided by time required in minutes will be the spray rate in ml per minute.

1 Like

In coating what to do if twins peel off, mottling, pin hole formed in tablet?

U can fix critical, major and minor defect. u check 100% inspection of tablets. With in the limits is ok otherwise investigation shall be performed.

1 Like

But what is the procedure to solve the problem I mentioned above?

dripping can be prevented by synchronizing the power supply of peristaltic pump with main suply.as soon as light goes pump is stoped immediately so no dripping.

yes its ok