Out of calibration instruments

(Vinay Pathak) #1

How will i come to to know that since when the instrument was was out of calibration,it may be days or months before we realize that instrument is out of calibration.

(Sabbineni) #2

You prepare master calibration schedule for all equipment / instrument i.e yearly calibration schedule. From that monthly calibration schedule prepare before starting of the month which inst./ Equip. Comes for calibration based on that u perform calibration. So there is no chance to miss out from calibration schedules. Based on this schedules u know that inst. Crossed the due date.

(Rakesh Gaikwad) #3
  1. Prepare Calibration schedule with adequate tolerance based on critical / non critical preferably in excel file.
  2. As per experience / operation/ criticality, modify frequency.
  3. Adhere to schedule.
    I think this will serve the purpose.

(Sajjad Ahmad) #4

When calibration is performed then a sticker is fixed to the equipment which holds the date on which calibration is performed and next due date of calibration on which calibration is due.

(Meenakshi Gupta) #5

When calibration is performed the activity is recorded in the calibration format along with date of calibration and due date for calibration.but having a schedule will help in better tracking.