there is any SOP for Handling procedure for Non Moving Material?
Are you referring to what type of materials, Raw materials, Packaging materials, Finished products, Semi-Finished products or equipment, Accessories, or other items/assets?
Non-moving raw materials should be handled according to internal SOP. This should include but not limited to the following,
- Identify non-moving raw material and segregate it from the other materials (Fast and slow-moving materials). Verify the quantities from the stock register (Inventory control system).
- Investigate the reason(s) of non-moving material (due to discontinuation of some products or transfer of products to other manufacturing sites or the material is expired.)
- Find out the cost and inform to Finance / Accounts department.
- Seek their approval from the Accounts department Head & / or as appropriate department Head for disposing-off the material.
- Non-moving material, if within shelf life may be returned to the supplier/manufacturer or may be transferred to other sites where they will be used.
- Ensure that non-moving raw material is QC-approved before being transferred to another site for use.
-Transfer such raw material to another site under appropriate storage conditions.
- Other non-moving material should be destroyed as per internal SOP.
- Record the actions as above in the Material Inventory records. (either disposed-off or destruction of material) & inform the concerned department Heads.
could you please elaborate also for finished, intermediates, equipment’s …
thank you sir
You are always welcome.