What is meant by cip and cop while performing cleaning validation
meenakshigupta72 (Meenakshi Gupta) #1
Rahul_Kumar (Rahul Kumar ) #2
CIP= Cleaning In Process
COP= Clean Out of Place
Rahul_Kumar (Rahul Kumar ) #3
Clean-In-Place (CIP) Method
- Cleaning of the equipment is performed in place without disassembling
- Cleaning process may be controlled manually or by an automated program.
- Very consistent and reproducible cleaning method.
- Can be validated readily.
- Being a closed system visual inspection of all components is difficult.
Clean-Out-Of-Place (COP) Method
- Cleaning of disassembled equipment is performed in a central washing machine.
- The washing machine also requires validation such as the temperature, ultrasonic activity, cycle time, cleaning operation sequence, detergent quantity dispensed etc
Karnataka Antibiotics and Pharmaceuticals Limited