BHT loss during manufacturing

I use BHT during wet granulation and after that drying in FBD.
BHT assay always below limit (50%) because of loss.
Can any one recommend short term solution for that.

Please let me know what is product in which you are using BHT.
BHT (Butylated Hydroxy Toluene) is an antioxidant synthetic chemical having a low melting point of 70 deg C. Therefore it might degrade during the drying of granules. Generally, it is added in oil / fat-containing food and cosmetics products as an anti-oxidant. However, it has harmful carcinogenic effects on the human body and skin. Therefore, it is suggested to use alternatives to the BHT for its safer use.
Rosemary or Vitamin C (Ascorbic acid) or Vitamin E can be used as an alternative to BHA and BHT, preservatives that are safe for human consumption. BHA and BHT are used to prevent oils in foods from oxidizing and becoming rancid. Rosemary extract and other ingredients as suggested above serves the same purpose in foods like potato chips, meats, and vegetable oils, but without health risks.
However, if you want to continue the use of BHT in your product please avoid heat treatment after adding BHT. You may add to the product after dissolving in edible oil or an organic solvent such as ethyl alcohol and mix it with the granules uniformly. Air dry the granules to remove the alcohol or organic solvent at room temperature. Use only the permitted amount of BHT in your product.
Determine and assess the stability of BHT in your product after adopting the new procedure of addition of BHT in the granules without heat treatment.
Still, I strongly suggest better avoiding the use of BHT.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.