Bacterial smallest size

bacteria smallest size

dear sir I read your guidelines its very nice but I just want to know the smallest size of microorganism because according to your guidelines we use 0.3 micron HEPA filter and smallest size of bacteria you describe 0.001 micron.
so please explain.
thanks

Hi,

Think HEPA filters are best for airborne bacteria and I think the bacteria size shall be not as smaller as you have mentioned. HEPA will help to prevent the spread by it will not avoid the microorganism. Hope this helps.

Airborne bacteria size remains more than the HEPA filter pore size. ie 0.3 microns.

What is the name of smallest bacteria

According to Wikipedia, Pelagibacter ubique is one of the smallest known free-living bacterium with a length of 0.37-0.89 μm and an average cell diameter of 0.12-0.20 μm.

1 Like

As per my knowledge smallest bacteria in air is with 0.3 microns(some environment isolates),but in water it is 0.2microns (B.dimenta) water living organism with flagilla/ for free flotable and movable.so,we use 0.3 micron filter for air filteration such as HEPA.and 0.2 &0.22 for liquids,or water filteratik.