Designing and planning a new manfuacturing pharmacy

Hi,

I have been tasked with researching and planning the design and set up of a Complimentary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) manufacturing pharmacy. I have done research regarding the GMP and legislative requirements, and I am satisfied with this section. There is a lot of information out there regarding equipment and manufacturing processes, but I a am still at a lost regarding where to start my planning. (Keep in mind that I am completely new to this industry)

I have so many questions ranging from what machines will be required, what machines are common between capsules / tablets. What would the minimum equipment list be for starting with a single production line and then building into multiple production lines. What goals should be established, what are the commonly overlooked areas of planning?

Therefore my challenge is this, what are the correct steps when planning a manufacturing pharmacy? How do I go about furthering my research ?

First of all visit a pharmaceutical manufacturing unit and try to learn the basics of a pharmaceutical manufacturing process.