Why only o.5 and 5 microns non viable particles measured in cleanrooms? why we are not monitoring remaining size of particles?

Why only 0.5 and 5 microns non viable particles measured in cleanrooms? why we are not monitoring remaining size of particles?
Other sizes also required to monitor?

I am not expert but I guess the AHU which is mandatory in manufacturing industries have a filter and the inflow of air is through this AHU. There is a filter in AHU and the filter size can allow only particle size in the range which is mentioned in your question.

I guess that is the reason for measuring this size.

Hope this helps

Most commonly bacteria size is in between 0.5 to 5.0 micron and bacteria less likely attach to non viable particle size smaller than 0.5 micron so particle size smaller than 0.5 is not critical issue.particle size greater than 5.0 micron is not good carrier for bacteria because it settles down easily due to heavy weight.

7 Likes

That’s a good aspect.

Why smell observed in most antibiotic dry powder suspensions after reconstituition

Yes , you are correct Sir… bcz of bacteria has required minimum size I.e 0.5 um particle to move one place to another place.that’s y we measure that size.
Tq