Which better Double RO or RO with EDI to achieve EU regulations

Dear all,
i need your advice and help regarding pharmaceutical water treatment unit , i need help for the following details:
1- which better Double RO or RO with EDI?
2- Which better Hot sanitizing or chemical sanitizing?
3- carbon filter for dechlorination or SMBS dosing?
4- the piping of the pre treatment (before RO stage) stainless steel 316L or PVC?
5- RO membrane housing from fiber glass or from stainless steel 316L?

awaiting for your kind reply

Best Regards,

I can share my view but you can confirm with other experts

1- which better Double RO or RO with EDI?

RO with EDI is preferable

2- Which better Hot sanitizing or chemical sanitizing?

Hot Sanitizing is better and if chemical sanitizing is used it needs to conform to the requirements.

3- carbon filter for dechlorination or SMBS dosing?

I guess Carbon filter is better unless the resulting water is within the accepted specification

4- the piping of the pre treatment (before RO stage) stainless steel 316L or PVC?

PVC shall be used

5- RO membrane housing from fiber glass or from stainless steel 316L?

I guess it shall be SS 316

Kindly note the above replies are based on my theoretical knowledge to give you an idea. Kindly confirm with any expert or wait for any expert to respond for this query.

2 Likes

The RO membrane housing out of SS316L, is not required, because even EDI cell is not made of SS316L. With that fiber glass housing is good enough.
The question was single pass OR double pass RO, but the answers are not in line with it.
My suggestion

• The double pass RO option is a costly for operation and initial investment. Single pass RO with EDI is good enough is pre-treatment if done properly.